PEF Impact Grant Program
Since 1983, PEF has awarded $3,382,665 to Petaluma area schools through our annual PEF Grant Program. In keeping with our mission and in an effort to strengthen the impact on the students and school sites, PEF now administers PEF Impact Grant, awarding up to $15,000 per grant. PEF will continue to steward funds donated to support our schools with evaluations and accountability for all grants ensuring the programs funded are enriching and enhancing the academic experience for all our 13,000 students.
PEF Impact Grant Application and Schedule for the 2018-19 School Year:
- October 1, 2018: Applications due to PEF via email by 4 pm
- Mid-October 2018: Second round for finalists. Oral Presentations.
- November 2018: Awards Announced, based on objective scoring matrix
- January 2019: Site deadline for ordering supplies and equipment
- Spring and Fall 2019: Site visit and evaluation by PEF Board members and donors
- September 2019: Teacher final evaluation report due to PEF
Through the generosity of our donors, PEF funded the following grants in the 2017-18 school year totaling $238,471:• Live Oak Charter: Leveled Reading Classroom Libraries for 1st – 8th grades ($15,000)
• Petaluma High School: Physical Education & Training Facilities Expansion ($15,000)
• Grant Elementary: Codified, Robotics and Coding Instruction for K-6th grades ($15,000)
• Crossroads Community Day School: Stationary Bike Desks for Special Needs/ADHD Students ($3,623)
• St. Vincent High: Creating Techno Masters, Computers for Science Instruction ($14,568)
• Petaluma High School: Fine Arts/Digital Instructional Tools ($14,840)
• La Tercera Elementary: Leveled Reading Series for TK-6th grades and Campus Book Stations ($10,409)
• McNear Elementary: Expanded Engineering Instruction for K-6th grades ($15,000)
• Casa Grande High: Robotics Program 2.0, Student Design and Manufacture Classroom Studio ($15,000)
• Corona Creek Elementary: S.T.E.A.M. Innovation Lab ($14,969)
• Valley Vista Elementary: Curiosity Lab, Robotics, Coding and Engineering Instruction ($11,211)
• Meadow Elementary: M Studio, Robotic, Coding, and Engineering for TK-6th grades ($14,639)
• Wilson Elementary: Digital Citizens, Campus Student Digital Media Studio ($12,534)
• Casa Grande High: United Anglers Science Instruction, Watershed Enhancement Program ($14,400)
• Petaluma City School District: Lights, Camera & Action: Digital Video Kits All Campus Access ($3,800)
• South County Consortium: Unique Learning for Differently Abled Students, Technology Tools for Special Needs StudentsEnhancing Learning Instruction ($12,138)
• St. Vincent de Paul Schools S.T.E.A.M. Initiative
PEF does not receive any public funding – our programs are supported by individual, community, corporate partners who donate knowing their gifts are creating opportunities for all students to be the best they can be at any one of our 37 local campuses. We also receive support from other foundations who value the importance of providing a quality education for all impacting an entire community.
Together we will “FUND THE FUTURE” for our local students. Join us today with a gift to the PEF Impact Grant Program.